Causes of Bullying
Bullies may be jealous, angry at something else or cowardly, and looking for someone to bear the brunt of their emotions. You may get picked on for being different, or because they think you will not hurt them back.
Effects of Bullying
Relentless name-calling, psychological or physical abuse can make you feel depressed, anxious, worthless, victimized or even suicidal. You may lose your confidence, have difficulty sleeping and suffer from stress-related illnesses.
Possible Solutions to bullying depending on circumstances
- Confront the bullies and tell them how you feel.
- Don’t give in to them.
- Speak to someone in authority if the bullying is taking place at work or school.
- Keep emails, texts and letters to use as evidence if necessary.
- Remember it is not your fault.
- Take assertiveness training.
- Avoid being physical with bullies.
- Join a support group.
- Counselling may help you to regain your confidence.
- Talk to someone YOU CAN TRUST to deal with the situation properly.